Thursday, December 30, 2010

Fabric Roads

012
010I started making these for Asher’s cousin back in May but misplaced them when I moved. Luckily, I found them in time for Christmas. The idea was borrowed from Polly of Helping Little Hands. My addition to her idea was the traffic circle. After all, you never know when you might end up driving in England so you want to be prepared. Although I guess the arrows might be backwards for that. The arrows and stop symbols were painted on with fabric paint, as is the color coded parking lot, which I decided to make the evening before my trip and just didn’t have the time or the materials for a proper appliqué.
All of it was folded and placed into this little bag. I made a embroidered truck from some clipart on a scrap of corduroy and appliquéd it on a reusable gift bag.



007
001
Asher has a set too. He usually goes to bed with one of the road pieces and a couple of cars. hmmmm, that gives me an idea
Ruth

9 comments:

  1. This looks awesome! Thanks so much for sharing the link with me. It's so fun to see other people's take on the fabric roads idea. I hope you don't mind if I post a picture of yours on my blog sometime...with a link back here of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I LOVE the round about. I may need to make one of those for my son.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No it's a black bottom weight twill. I wish it was a little heavier. If I do more I'll do a dark denim like Polly or use duck cloth

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG my son would love something like this and I absolutely love the fabric you used for the bag!!! I just might make this my next project!!! Thanki u, Brooke

    Girl Boy Girl Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to let you know, I'm showing off your version of the roads in a Readers' Feature on my blog next Wednesday. Thanks again for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that idea! Do you have an embroidery machine that you used for the truck?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Raksha Bandhan is a celebration of beautiful bond of the love that binds sisters and their brothers. Send rakhi online to your loving siblings.

    ReplyDelete