Monday, November 22, 2010

Recycled Hoodie

Last February the lil blue boo recycled t-shirt hoodie was featured on Celebrate the boy over at MADE. I thought it looked really cute but didn’t have much experience with sewing knits or a serger yet so I filed it away as something I might make someday. Well last week I finally took the plunge and bought the pattern. I am kicking myself for not getting it sooner. Ash fits the 2T size perfectly since the sizes start at 6 months I missed out on a year and a half of this awesome pattern. Luckily it will last for another 5 years. Expect to see some more of these.

014 081

Ashley’s pattern is really well written. Even if you lack the confidence like I did you can handle this. You don’t need a serger but I think it helps it look more professional. If you are nervous about working with knits this would be a great place to start. the hardest part is picking out your combinations.

If I ever have a little girl I will definitely pick up some of her girl patterns they look so cute and comfortable.

Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment