Saturday, April 24, 2010

My Old Pants

060

Using the the slim slacks pattern from This Mama Makes Stuff and the flat front pocket tutorial from MADE to make my first pair of Pants for my son. I used one of my old pairs of Capri pants. That means the fly and button are on the wrong side but it also has a little stretch to the fabric which should make it more comfortable to run around in.

 025

I didn’t use the old rear pockets. (I cut first read the pattern second… what a rookie mistake) The pinstripe material makes them look like major league baseball pants. Maybe I just thought that because I took him to the sports equipment store today.039

I also made a cuff that will be easy to let down to get more time out of these. I’m glad I didn’t donate all my old work clothes. I see more of these in my future.

[Ruth4.jpg]

No comments:

Post a Comment