Monday, April 26, 2010

Bandages made cute

TX road rash 2010I recently participated in a roller skating half marathon. I was one of 3 people that did it in Quads which makes me either crazy or awesome. I’ve done it twice before and never fallen but this time I fell on the first hill about 2 minutes into the race and got a nasty road rash on my elbow.
The rash was big enough that my largest band-aids were not going to work so I had to cover it with gauze and medical tape. It looked ugly and my one year old kept picking at it. So I made a little cover for it.
I basically cut a rectangle out of an old black ribbed tank top and stenciled a cute band-aid X on it. Then I sewed it into a tube. Easy, adorable and my son completely ignored it.


Here is my Before and After shot.
021024
Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment